Here are some common things to keep in mind to stay fit:
1. Eat light and freshly prepared meals to keep your digestive system in check this monsoon. Include food prepared from barley, wheat, and rice. You can also include lentils in your diet.
2. Give spicy food a miss as it may lead to indigestion, hyperacidity and bloating.
3. Use cow’s ghee, olive oil, and sunflower oil to cook your food. These oils are light and are easily digested by the body.
4. Skip green leafy vegetables that grow close to the ground. These veggies attract a lot of dirt and humidity and are difficult to clean during the monsoons.
5. Chew a small piece of ginger with rock salt before every meal. This combination will help you to digest the food easily.
6. Drinking boiled water with a little honey is recommended during monsoon season. This concoction helps remove impurities in the water.
7. Do not eat cold or stale food in this season. Have warm food and avoid uncooked food items like salad.
8. Just because monsoon has arrived, do not reduce your fluid intake. Fluid intake is essential to keep your metabolism strong.
9. It is best to avoid food from restaurants and local vendors during this season. They might contain germs, which can make you sick.
10. Have bitter-tasting vegetables and herbs to stay fit and healthy. So, include bitter gourd, neem, fenugreek, and turmeric to help keep infections at bay.